What We do
The property was purchased in 1949 by the Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons of the State of New York. The Prince Hall Temple Associates (PHTA) was established to oversee and manage the property.
After the purchase of the property, Grand Master Louis Fair dedicated the property as the Prince Hall Home and Resort. Several multi dwelling housing units and recreation centers were built for the Prince Hall members, family and friends. In the summer of 1955, a boys and girls camp was established under the supervision of Eureka Grand Chapter Prince Hall Order of the Eastern Star. A dining and recreation hall was built in 1960 along with several lodging dormitories. The camp was renovated in 1990 with several new buildings and the addition of a swimming pool. Camp Eureka operated two summer sessions with a capacity of 200 campers per session. The remainder of the property, which contains eight other buildings including a former boarding house, has been used for meetings and retreats as well as recreational hunting and fishing.